Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pep in Yo Step



Some people have mega sweet teeth.  I fall in line with those who crave something salty.  My snack of choice has become these AMAZING Lay's Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Vinegar chips.  I mean I seriously could eat 3 bags.  A day.


They are a great better half to a chips and sandwich lunch.  They are also pretty cool solo for a quick snack...while blogging...followed by a diet coke.  Not that I am doing that right now.
However what is not so snazzy about them is that I am sure they are not helping to trim a mommy tummy for swimsuit season or give my body a healthy boost it desperately needs after my nutrients are being sucked from my body from a delicious little 9 month old.  
Mom, I can sense your  anxiety right now but have no fear.  I have found something that I seriously think will be a new replacement.  I am one of those that when reading diet articles/books that secretly thinks, "yeah right," when someone says you can curb your sweet/salty tooth with something fresh from the ground.  I'm not that nutty about naked nuts and sweet peas don't have quit enough sweet of a snap for this gal.  But then I met these guys:


My mouth is seriously watering just looking at their yummy selfs.  My husband (who likes to live as healthy as reasonably possible with 2 kids, 2 and under) came home one day in a fit of jealousy because one of his work-out buddies had brought a container of vibrantly sliced peppers for lunch in place of chips or one of those oh so healthy (not) granola bars.  The next time I went to the store, I picked up a 3 pack (shown) and we gave them a try.  It was love at first bite.  They are crunchy, REALLY sweet, cold, and refreshing.  Since then we have probably eaten 52 hundred.  They are great as a stand alone snack, or topped on a salad.  My next pepper venture will be to try this delicious looking recipe from Better Homes and Gardens:


I will let you know how it goes (hopefully it will go).

Oh and Lastly, did I mention someone else is quite the fan?


Thank you Lord, for peppers.


post signature





1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering for both the chips and the peppers! Yummy.....Keep us posted on the Chili Beans stuffed peppers recipe. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete